Case Study Talk (NHS & VCSE Collaboration)
Partnership Working Supporting Older People After Discharge (Prevention)
Heard from Age UK Berkshire and NHS Berkshire West a great case study of how the partnership between the social sector, local authority and health service can work really well and lead to great outcomes for patients and the respective partners.
- Showcase what the charity sector does so well, and how that can really bring benefit not just to the individuals we’re here to support, but to the health service too.
- Person-centred involving carers and relatives in planning and ongoing support led by the individual.
- Holistic – looking at addressing wider determinants of health and onward referrals to a wide variety of services and practical and emotional support – striking it was at least 4 areas of support needed by each individual
- Joint visits with ASC to address complex needs
- All about understanding and communication between the VCSE & health services – Education of health colleagues, SPOC, regular communications, and champions within teams
- Healthwatch was beneficial as an independent 3rd party.
Thank you to our speakers:
- Fiona Price, CEO – Age UK Berkshire
- Emma Rockall, UCR Pathway and Integration Lead, NHS Berkshire West
- Catherine Kirkham, Clinical Project Manager for Berkshire West CHS
Watch the case study talk here:
View the Slides: PDF
Word cloud of responses to the question from the case study small group discussion at the quarterly event:
Why was this partnership project a success?
Our next Quarterly meeting will take place on Thursday 30th March 2023. Book via eventbrite.